If you would like to support our cause and help create awareness at your company or your child's school, register now to host your own Party of HOPE during the year.
The following are dates that we have set out for 2017. We often find Cupcake Angels want a specific reason to host a Party of Hope and these will work well...
- 4 February: World Cancer Day
- 15 February: International Childhood Cancer Awareness Day
- 1 April: Caps 4 Cancer (April Fools)
- 5 June: Cancer Survivors Day
- 16 July: Madiba Day
- 1 September: International Cupcake for Breakfast Day
- Whole of September: Childhood Cancer Awareness
- 31 October: Superheroes 4 Cancer
You can also choose a date that has special meaning to you. Mother's day, father's day, a birthday, a rememberance party, the list is endless...
When you register for a Party of Hope we send you the following for you to make the day special:
- Leaflets with the Early Cancer Warning Signs
- Badges to wear on the day
- Cupcake baking cups with our logo on
- Balloons with our logo on
But don't be limited by what we send! You can really make it a special day but adding your own touch!
We have a few schools which have already registered with us and here are some of their ideas:
- Getting the older scholars to bake and decorate 12 cupcakes each, these will then be sold during break for R5 or R10 each
- Extra Cupcakes can be baked and then taken to an orphanage/old age home after school
- Nursery schools can host a "Cupcake Decorating Class" on that day, each child gets an un-iced cupcake and they can then decorate it with icing and different toppings (smarties, jelly tots, little chocolate hearts)
Companies can use this event as a team building project and challenge the different departments to a bake off. Some companies host a Cupcake and Tea party for their staff. There is no right or wrong way of hosting your event, whatever works in your environment will be perfect.
Another option is to arrange for a hamper to be raffled off for those who don't like sweet things (Biltong, nuts, games, etc.)
"Your Party... Your Rules!"
Remember this is not so much about fundraising but about educating others about the Cancer Early Warning Signs, so the only requirement is that either an email or leaflet gets sent out to all the parents or co-workers. We also now have the Early Warning Signs in 20 different languages available here. So please feel free to download, print and share...
Keep in mind, that even though our charity's colour scheme is pink and purple, that Childhood Cancer is represented by GOLD! So if you intend to distribute ribbons or something like that, please make them gold (as to not confuse anyone with pink representing breast cancer!)
EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES!
The money raised so far has benefitted over 500 children and 16 other charities.
We have paid for medical bills, transport money to hospital, food hampers, school fees, clothing, Birthday parties, Christmas gifts and other day-to-day expenses.
To view more photos of other Parties please click here...
Party of Hope Form